Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Kick

I just felt my baby move for the very first time. Literally 10 minutes ago! (And after calling Andy and letting him know - I'm away in Paris with work at the mo) I thought, seeing as I'm sitting at my computer, I'd let the world know!
I've got a great big smile across my face, I've been waiting for this for the past month, trying not to get my hopes up and telling myself it's quite normal for a first time Mum not to feel her baby move until as late as 22 weeks. But at 19-&-a-half weeks stupid little doubts were beginning to pop into my head... some mothers feel their baby kick from 16 weeks, why can't I...
I just felt it again! I can only describe it as like little twitches (like when your eyes are tired) but coming from inside my tummy, and sporadically timed and in different places. Still can’t quite believe it is actually my baby (“is it just wind?”) but I’m sure over the coming days as it gets stronger I’ll be more certain.
Can’t wait for Monday and our twenty week scan, so excited about seeing the little bambino again!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Anna from Granddad to be. Hope you're not too bruised from all that kicking. Looking forward to visiting the whole family in your new home. Lots of love, Dad xxx

September 20, 2006 8:42 pm  
Blogger josie & Simon mears said...

Anna that is so exiting. If it starts being too active you know you are going to have an energetic baby (like its mummy!!) Looking forward to meeting this ever evolving new life you are incubating. Hope you are enjoying this time and loving all the updates!
Love Josie
xx

September 27, 2006 5:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi A&A,

How amazing to feel the 1st kick! We can't wait to become Uncle Matt & Auntie Tara!!

Love T&M xxx

September 28, 2006 10:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home