Tuesday, February 27, 2007

10 days over due

Just thought I'd give you an update on where things are. Well I'm still pregnant (!) now 10 days over due. I'm still feeling really well physically, not too uncomfortable or tired, and the baby's doing well too.

Emotionally however the waiting is beginning to take its toll. While I'm increasingly excited (and therefore frustrated to still be waiting) to meet our "little chicken", apprehension is beginning to set in. We had an appointment with our midwife yesterday evening which left us both feeling quite deflated. She examined me, as she had done in the middle of last week, and there was no sign of any progression towards "ripening" for labour (as she had hoped to find). She therefore talked us through the options for a medical induction of labour, which all along I've really hoped to avoid. There is obviously still time for things to progress naturally, and for me to have the waterbirth at Bournemouth that I've planned. But if they don't I'll be admitted to Poole hospital on either Thursday night or Monday morning - waiting to hear back from the consultant.

I'd really appreciate your prayers for peace of mind, and ideally labour to start naturally; as the thought of being induced is playing on my mind a lot at the moment and making me feel quite anxious.

Whatever happens we'll get to meet our "little chicken" by this time next week, which is incredibly exciting, and at the end of the day we'll do whatever is in the best interest of Mum and baby! Watch this space.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wouldn't even dare to compare my anticipation to yours, but every day i check your blog just in case chookie has decided to make an appearance...you're all three in my thoughts and prayers. much love,
kate

March 01, 2007 3:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home